Will Lean Six Sigma Certification & Methodology help us during Recession?
During the recession period, many organizations are forced to let go with their employees, clients and ultimately close shutters due to the problems of the economy. This as a final outcome continues to get very worst for the Clients, Organization and the Employees.
This is a very big question asked by most of the professionals who are unaware and new to the Lean Six Sigma Philosophy? Let us understand this question with the help of this article.
This situation can happen in any organization, any business and in any part of the world. During this phase an Organization will look strongly focusing towards the below factors:
- Reduce cost
- Improve profits that can impact the P&L account
- Zero defects
- Improve customer satisfaction
- High & good quality output
- Improve employee satisfaction
This is exactly when Lean Six Sigma allows organizations to identify problems from process and people perspective. Certified professionals establish a process wherein the senior management of the organization are involved in all the process improvement initiatives.
Lean Six Sigma mandates an organization to review the performance in all its critical processes with factual data and analysis. Lean Six Sigma uses DMAIC and DMADV methodology which will help the business to identify the root cause of the problems. Quality and Business team can then together put in corrective and preventive action on the identified root causes that will ultimately improve the processes of the business.
Lean Six Sigma is the ultimate solution that any company or any organization can choose if they want to fix the business problems they are facing.
Driving Lean Six Sigma culture in any organization gives a dual benefit:
- Firstly the performance of any process can be improved significantly within an organization resulting in:
- Reduced penalties,
- Improved customer and employee satisfaction
- Improved quality scores
- Improved profit margins
- Zero defects
- Secondly the employee or an individual who take up a project to improve the metric can become a Certified Lean Six Sigma Professional. A Certified Lean Six Sigma Professional does get recognized and get good appraisal ratings and commendations within the same organization and at the same time, Certified Lean Six Sigma professionals get an edge over others in the Job Market and can be handpicked for challenging job opportunity.
Friends, as every single organization or business looks at the best of the performance levels with reduced expenses as a final outcome. This final outcome can be only possible by implementing Lean Six Sigma Culture.
Continual support and monitoring is a mandate while implementing Lean Six Sigma; but clearly this method is a definite solution that can work in any company experiencing rough and uncertain economy.