ISO 9001:2011 (QMS) Lead Auditor Certification
Organisations have to identify, plan & establish systems that directly affect the quality of product or service, and ensure that these processes are carried out under controlled conditions both effectively & efficiently. ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management System is an ideal tool which provides the means for systematic analysis of all these aspects of an organisation’s quality management system to determine the extent and effectiveness of management control. A good operating quality system can be seen as an action plan for what to do to prevent variations on products and services. Effectively implemented systems & processes will, therefore, be a tool for the organisation to reduce the cost of non-quality.
This 5 day course provides the knowledge and skills needed to organize and lead Quality Management System audits.
At the end of the course, participants will learn about: –
- Purpose of a Quality Management System.
- Principles of Quality Management.
- Purpose, content and interrelationship of ISO 9000, ISO 9001, ISO 9004 and ISO 19011.
- Interpretation of ISO 9001 requirements in the context of an audit.
- Roles and responsibilities of auditors and lead auditors.
- Planning and conducting an audit in accordance with ISO19011.
- Reporting of audit, including writing valid, factual and value-adding non-conformity reports.
- Undertaking audit follow-up activities, including evaluating the effectiveness of corrective action.
- Role of Accreditation Bodies.
Participants must have some understanding of the content, application and implementation of the appropriate series of standards prior to the commencement of the course.
ISO 9001:2015 Lead Auditors Training schedule
|November & December Month Schedules||26rd to 27th||3rd to 4th December||10th to 11th December|