The Master Black Belt is expert answerable for the strategic organization of Six Sigma within an group. They promote and support development activity in all professional areas of their group as well as at traders and customers.
Their main responsibilities are:
- To Provide mentoring and support to Black Belt, Green Belt and Six Sigma team to use the development tool appropriate to a exact problem.
- To Help the develop and deploy structural metrics and dashboard.
- To Develop, maintain and revising the Six Sigma curriculum, conveying classroom training, and serving external actions in the delivery of Six Sigma training.
- Networking mode with other Master Black Belt.
In addition to having the training, skills and experience outlined in the section above entitled “What Companies Seek in Master Black Belts,” those who have a Master Black Belt certification also should have:
- Additional training
- Completed additional projects
- Coached other Belts
- Developed the Six Sigma approach in their organization
- Completed a Master Black Belt exam
Because of the high difference between certifying businesses it is necessary to ask Master Black Belt interviewing for a job who qualified them and to supply the certification conditions. Unfortunately there are various Master Black Belt who only have a “paper certification” against those who worked hard to get their information, skills and experience.
Argument in favor of external employment are that those Master Black Belt do not have to go by any training and therefore send faster result and they have a fresh and outdoor view on the group.
Another useful screen for examining the buy-make-rent problem is to inspect these two dimension:
- The value of the human capital for the institute
- The uniqueness of this resource for the institute